Tuesday 18 March 2008

Rio Grande

Hotel Argentino is a great place to hang out. I stayed here on the way down to Ushuaia and even though it is only 200kms from Ushuaia I decided to it would be a good place to return. Although I am biting at the bit to start travelling north I have ended up staying here for two nights instead of one. The people here are very friendly and genuine.

Tomorrow I plan to leave for Tres Lagos or Calafate on my way to the border of Chile..
(Back in Ushuaia - It reminded me of something....)

Yeh, thanks Ash and Len... Cheap Banrock Station.. If you want cheap come over here. I paid about one aussie dollar for a bottle of wine yesterday and it tasted quite good..


Update 19 March
I am still here at Hotel Argentino (maybe it is becoming a hotel california..). The weather has turned rather foul. Cold, wet and windy. Much like a cold winter´s day back home and not conducive for riding motorcycles. Well not when you don´t need to anyway. Sooo, I stay another day. I could think of much, much worser places.

Maybe I will leave tomorrow...

At Hotel Argentino I met Manuela. She is 10 years old and we had a great time together. She taught me some Spanish and a card game and I taught her a bit of English and a game called `squares´ which I often teach the children in my class back at school. It was fun interacting in both Castillano (latin spanish) and English with a child rather than an adult. Manuela is the same age as the students I usually teach back home and I have to admit it made me miss my job...

and to think this was only after one day holed up inside.... imagine...

No comments: