Friday 22 February 2008

Two Hands One Glove



Lost one of my gloves yesterday. I was not very happy.


You know the way it goes: Gloves on the back seat, mind elsewhere, take off, then - hang on something is not right, oh- no gloves, turn around and return to starting point to pick up gloves fallen on the ground. Except this time when I return less than a minute later the glove (the other stayed on my seat..) is gone. Gone. I looked extremely hard for a long time. Nobody felt guilty and came out and gave it back... I don´t know what someone is going to do with one glove except keep it as a memento of some poor ´rich´ tourist.






Any on my day off guess what I did?


I rode my bike.


Some 200k of rough dirt.


I was pretty knackered after that but the national park was beautiful. I was thinking, why can´t Argentina share some of its mountains and lakes with Australia so I can have a few in my Backyard?.



Anyway, today I gave my bike a bit of a birthday. Well not too much, can´t make ´er become used to too much attention. I cleaned the air filter out. Had to take the tank off to do it, but atleast now I´m not worried about the motor being clogged up with dust.



I met a rider (Rodreguez, not sure how to spell this name but I know I will by the end of this trip...) going south today and road with him for some 300kms. I left him to continue down Ruta 40.


Ruta 40. So far it has been mainly pavement (sort of sometimes). The next couple sections are gravel/earth/rocks known to swallow many a rider. Rough and isolated. Sounds like fun. I don´t need to go this way but it almost seems like a right of passage for the motorcycle traveller....
Big bike, little man...

Oh yes, picked up some new gloves today. Had to settle for some moutain bike gloves.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bruce,
Looks like the Stirlings pale into insignificance compared to the mountains you're seeing hey!
The photos look fantastic and such colours as well! The water looks really inviting actually. I may just get my atlas out one day...when Google earth doesnt provide the answers.
Looks like really deserted, but breath-taking scenery.

Anyway, drive safe and may the Lord protect you on your journey.
Hi from S&K too.

Anonymous said...

Hey Bruce ... Stop losing things, friend .... A greeting
Oscar