Sunday 17 February 2008

A donde va?

A week has passed since I wrote and it has really been one amazing week.

I have finally begun my motorcycle trip from Buenos Aires to Ushuia (for want of a place) and then North, north, north. So much has been packed into this one week that I don´t know how this can continue... I don´t even know how much to write. I have been keeping a bit of a diary as well so I will try and keep the waffle short, if I can.


To start with I left Dakar Motos on Monday morning. A great place to start for me. Finally a place to meet other sane people who have the same interests as me and don´t think me absolutely crazy - oh yeah, I´m talking motorbikes and travel. A place filled with bikes, people (when I was there) and dreams (completed or in the process of).


From here I went to Azul to visit Pollo at La Posta. Pollo is a motorbike fanatic and one very, very friendly person. He doesn´t have pots of money and can´t travel much himself but he has opened his house for the motorbike traveller. As a matter of fact it seems to have become a bit of a shrine for motorcycle travel. Almost anybody who is somebody in terms of mbike travel has been here and left a message on the wall. It was cool to be there. I didn´t write on the wall..


At La Posta I met an Argentine Couple, Oscar and Sylvia who were travelling in the same direction as me, sort of. Since I don´t really have any fixed plans I was able to modify mine and join them for a few days. We went and camped at Sierra de Ventana (I think, this is memory and mine aint that good..) near Tornquist. Meeting Oscar and Silvia was a definite highlight. Seeing beautiful scenery is great and that is why I am here but getting to meet and make friends with the people from over here tops it all. Oscar and Silvia spoke little English and with my little spanish we had a grand old time.
We drank mate, had asados, camped, drank the odd bit of red wine, made jokes, and all under the shade of Gum trees. Yep, there seem to be heaps of Eucalyptus trees around here. So, yes, I was sad to leave but I had places to go...

(I seem to only be able to put 5 photos per post so I´ll start a new one)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was nice to spend this time with you in Sierra Ventana, you always remember friend .... Bon voyage and beware
That force stays with you! :-)))
Silvia and Oscar

Anonymous said...

hey bruce
it sarah and heidi mostert we have been checking out ur site and we are so jelous!!!!!!!!!! i have been trying 2 convince mum to let us get our motorbike licences but she isn't falling 4 it!!!!! were just blown away at what u get to see and experience in gods wonderfull creation in some of the prettiest places on earth!!! its amazing to see. cant wait till we r bit older so we can travell..... all the best, hope u dont have to many more accidents ;) have an awsum time xx