Wednesday 6 February 2008

¡¡ Iguazu !!

                                                  These falls stretch out some 3 kms....


I promised to share a bit about my trip to Iguazu and since I have some time before heading for dinner I will tell you now.I went to Iguazu with a group from the place where I was studying Spanish (Xpanish). It is some 1000kms north of Buenos Aires right near the border of Paraguay and Brazil. We by bus over night - think double story, roomy seats that recline a long way, food, wine, champange.. - yes quite the luxury for a bus. I am not sure if the trip takes 12hours or 18. Probably somewhere in between. Any it is a long way but well worth it.
153 160 174 180 183 145 186 192 190 (these numbers are for my reference for photos - blogger or this computer is playing up..)
Every one who goes to Iguazu will go and see the Falls. They are amazing, awe inspiring and inspirational. I am glad that I had the opportunity to witness this part of God´s creation. Coming from Australia I have hardly seen a ´large´waterfall so you can imagine that Iguazu blew my mind. The power of the water strips you back to nothing and makes you realise how small you are and how powerful our creator is and how comforting it is to know that he can be our Father...
No picture can truly capture the sheer immensity, power and majesty of this place. I could have stayed there much longer. This is one place I would love to visit again.
I was going to add a few more photos but it is taking way to long to upload...
overandout.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bruce,
B1 here!

just had a quick read of the blog site; sounds like you are enjoying the atmosphere and culture of BA (at first i thought you had a BA!). Anyway, have you learnt much spanish yet? maybe coz you dont know much (spanish! :)) they are trying to taking you for a 'ride' down at the shipping customs place. Have you checked the odometer when you left and when you were there.

Anyway, keep enjoying every day. regards,
Bruce

Bruce and Sarah said...

Wow, those falls are absolutely amazing ... don't even compare to Niagare Falls, really!