Wednesday 16 July 2008

Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away..

hi
Yesterday was one of those days that you'd love to rewind and do again. Differently.
It started fine. Got to check out the Panama Canal and on of It's locks. Pretty cool.
Then off we went (I'm travelling with Brad and Jola at the moment.). All is good. Panama has been a bit disappointing, being too westernised to what I have become used to. Then we get pulled over by the cops. They say we are speeding, blah blah, give us money etc. Eventually waved on then pulled over again 1km down the road. This cop was more grumpy and tried harder, trying to say that B&J didn't stop at the last road block and were speeding etc. Since they didn't stop it was left to me to have a bit of a yarn to him. This was all rather bothersome than being a real problem but then it started to rain. Really really rain. We soldiered on for a while to get away from these police who were phoning their friends further on and we thought the rain would deter them. BUT the rain was crazy and we had to get out of it. This was only a period of 5 to 10 minutes but it was enough time to destroy both my Camera and my Ipod which were in a pocket... You can imagine that I am not impressed. A rather expensive drenching. Thankfully I just backed up my photos onto a dvd disc the night before so it could have been worst.
So today I went and bought my 3rd camera for the trip.

For sale: One kidney..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bruce, a cheap way to protect camera/ipod/etc from rain is to drop it into a plastic bag that you can seal closed.
I always have a couple of plastic bags in my camera bag....just in case I get stuck out in the rain.

Anonymous said...

Failing to listen to Martin, just tell us all what camera you are buying and we'll all buy shares in the company!
Just back ourselves (with Dad) from awesome fishing & relaxing in New Ireland Province, PNG.
Stephen.