Sunday 6 July 2008

Bogotá

(my broken footpeg, for the second time...)


I´ve taken too long to get to this so I will keep it short...



In Bogotá I got to meet some friend(s) of a friend back home in Australia.

Mara, Jaymara, Manuel and Javier(who took the shot)

Unfortunately I don´t seem to have many pictures of them or of my time there but it was great hang out with a few local Colombians for a while. I enjoyed their hospitality (thanks heaps Mara) and got a bit more of an insight into life over here.. including what a priviliged working life we get back home in Australia... It was good to just chill out for a while but you can only watch so much cable TV and I was getting restless, especially with the knowledge that Canada was´t getting any closer..

One other thing I also got up to was attend a Suzuki meeting/ get together/whatchimacallit which had the unveiling of a new model to Colombia - the mighty B-King. For those that know bikes it is a `cruiser´ with the huge Hayabusa engine, (pretty insane I reckon). Anyway when they heard they had an Australian traveller in their midst I got hauled on stage and had to make an impromptu speech...

Thou shalt not covert.... :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looks good from here. didn't see any b-kings at the suzuki store on the weekend. it's probly be a boulevard over here. is that a 1300cc? not too big then. guess what?? bought a buell on the weekend, i'll email you some pictures when i can.