Saturday 26 July 2008

Honduras


Starting to get into a fastish travel mode.
Yesterday I crossed the border from Nicaragua into Honduras. A guy tried to help me (for free though he wanted a donation when we were finished and he did do a lot of running around for me..) but I think I would have been better off on my own. Atleast then I would know what was going on (sort of). Anyway it ended up costing me 40 dollars (a lot of money when you think all the other borders are free...) and with no receipt I have no idea where the cash went to. I should have demanded on but once I got the paperwork done I just wanted to get going. Apart from that it was pretty straightforward.

Today I hooned up through Honduras to Copan which is very close to the border with Guatemala. Tomorrow I might check out the Mayan ruins which are near here.
Copan is a pretty town and worth the stopover.

1 comment:

Bruce and Sarah said...

Hey Bruce,
I haven't left a comment for a while. It's great to read of your travels and to know you are making good time.
Make sure you take a photo of your camera, that way you'll at least remember what they looked like when you loose the next ... oops.

Anyway, we are trying to follow your travels. All the best in Central America.

regards,
Bruce