Sunday 6 July 2008

Bogotá to Barranquilla

Once back on the road I was pretty keen to get moving...

But at each place I stopped I just wanted to stay longer but I kept my resolve and soldiered on..



First stop, Villa de Leyva. An intact colonial village. Cobble streets with white walled buildings.



Stopped in San Gil, a bit of a Colombian adventure capital but I didn´t stay...



Getting really rained on seems to have become another daily ritual around here. The roads are very windy, the trucks in their thousands and adding rain to the mixture just creates one crazy experience..


And I think I have left the Andes for good this time, having roughly followed them from Patagonia in the south all the up to the north coast. Felt a bit sad as I wound round the last bend. goodbye ye old friend, I shall endeavour to return...


The highlight of the trip would have to be getting to the city of Mompós. I was getting tired of sticking to the main roads in Colombia and so took a few back roads, to Mompós. The road surfaces were challenging enough without being ulcer producing passing through farms, wet lands and small villages which don´t get to entertain very many travellers on ´big´ motorcycles.. A heap of fun and definite recommendation to anyone wanting a change when travelling in the North of Colombia..








Mompós itself was a fantastic little place. I think this picture sums it up.

Had to tear myself away from this place too to make it up to Barranquilla for the Sunday...

No comments: