Friday 30 May 2008

Machu Picchu, not yet.

Was going to write here a few days ago but I have been in bed, more or less, but now feel pretty fine. However right now I am off to Nasca, down from the Andes towards the coast so I will to update this page later...
I promise.
Thankyou to all the people who have shown a continued interest in my journeys (and to all those lurkers). It is great being able to share even in this little way.
Right now I am a bit over halfway through my motorcycle journey, some 2 and a half months left. I am in a bit of a dilemma. In a way 2.5 months seems like a long time but the problem is the destination I have chosen way back last year when I had to book my plane tickets. I have a return ticket from Canada... Sooo I really need to make a decision to ´speed up´ my trip a bit, maybe see a bit less or forget the return ticket and spend more time in South America..
Hmmm.
I´m hoping to do a week of big riding days through Peru and see how I like it. Would like to go back up into the Peruvian Andes but think I will just burn up the coast on the PanAmerican Highway.


Update:
You know how I said I was going to leave Cusco ´right now´ , well I didn´t. Ended up staying an extra day. Right now I am in the middle of nowhere between Cusco and Nasca and it is pretty pretty. Really was planning to get to the coast by the weekend... oh well.

No comments: