Sunday 11 May 2008

LaPaz 1

Well, over the last couple nights I really have experienced a wide variety of hotels. Starting with the most basic of basic to the flashest of falshest. Ranging from just over a dollar a night to one where the prices were only given in US dollars (and I payed by credit card so I wouldn´t know..). The only reason I stayed at the last one was because I arrived in La Paz in the dark. It is a big city with fairly chaotic traffic and I decided that I´d stop at the first decent hotel I could find, which I did. That is after being befriended by a few drunks and offered some ´substance´by another. I decieded it would be better to get off the streets until I had worked out the place. Needless to say the hotel was quite luxurious. I enjoyed it. Though talking with the local truckies at the cheap one was a great experience too.

Anyway, the reason I was so late getting into LaPaz was because I took a little detour. Recommended by the local HotelierI took this road to the local hot springs resort. The scenery was absolutely breathtaking. Snowy 6000m mountains and valleys plunging down below. The road down to the bottom was unbelievable.

The resort was quite alright and I spent many hours relaxing in the warm water, hoping it would help get rid of my aches and pains. Maybe, but the rough road out didn´t help.

Tried to find this Presbyterian Church today. Met the pastor in the foyer of the hotel so I thought, why not? , and went. Problem was I had an address and only a rough idea where to go - my map only showed the central part of Lapaz. But off I went. I found it. But that was after talking to over ten people (who said males never ask for directions??) and driving past it 4 or 5 times. The church was located in a house.. Yes, I was very late. Actually the service was pretty over but I got to meet a lot of friendly people.
The view from the back of the building.

GRRR fotos not uploading again.. later

STILL NOT WORKING!!!

No comments: