Sunday 18 May 2008

Rurrenabaque, Bolivia


I recently took a little detour by Plane to Rurrenebaque.

Rurrenebaque is north of La Paz in Bolivia and down in the Amazonian basin. I went there to experience a bit a jungle and warm weather. Although I am above the tropic of Capricorn it isn´t that warm yet because for the last month I have been above 3500m all the time.


Well I got my warm weather and saw an amazing variety of animals. It was a very chilled out place, feeling like a different country. I joined a tour group to go check out the ´Pampas´ for a few days. I didn´t go to the jungle because I heard that you are more likely to see animals out in the Pampas (sort of wet grasslands).



Definitely a successful trip and I enjoyed the social side which you tend to miss on a solo motorcycle trip.




We saw crocs and alligators.



Turtles




Some huge guineapig thing (sorry forgot the name). -as big as a pig.



Monkeys



Caught anacondas (see, I wasn´t lying..)
They stink too. While playing cards later that night we smelt the same smell coming from under the floor boards..


Caught (and ate) Piranhas.




And, as I wrote before, swam with dolphins. They´re pretty ugly as dolphin´s go.

Back in La Paz now. There was this big fiesta on last night. Lots of parades, dancing and drinking..



I´m off to Peru by the end of the week. I have been reading more reports of crooked cops in Peru which I am not looking forward to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bruce
Great to see that all is well once again.Simon,Justin,Paul and Dale send their regards and hope you are all better.
Very interesting that the Anaconda photo didn't upload ;).
Hope you continue to enjoy your holiday and stay save.
Gods blessings
Sandra H.